Road Conditions Currently
CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS DEATH VALLEY
Death Valley National Park maintains a webpage listing current road conditions for popular roads. Click HERE to visit that page. Below is a sample of what you will see:
* * * * * * *
CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS
May 6, 2010
This report will be updated as conditions change.
All other park roads are open and in standard condition.
- Artist’s Drive – CLOSED through Friday May 7 at 6 pm for road maintenance.
- Dante’s View Road - Open, expect short delays due to road maintenance. Will be CLOSED May 10 thru May 13, 6 am to 6 pm.
- Keane Wonder Mine Road – CLOSED; road and mining area closed to all entry due to safety hazards.
- Saline Valley Road (North Pass) - Open; 4×4 high-clearance required.
- Saline Valley Road (South Pass) – signed CLOSED by Inyo County; otherwise passable by high-clearance vehicle.
- Scotty’s Castle / Bonnie Clare Road – Open; expect delays of 30 minutes or more due to road construction; areas of gravel, drive carefully.
- Ubehebe Crater Road – CLOSED in road construction zone and parking area. Open to through traffic to Racetrack Road and Big Pine Road only.
- Other paved park roads – expect temporary closures due to road repair projects.